It’s Halloween time again and while not traditionally celebrated in South Africa, the recipes we found were too good not to share! Try this twist on the classical Margarita. Meet the delicious Smashing Pumpkin Margarita…it’s YUM!
- 60ml tequila
- 1 can Purity pumpkin (baby food)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp. orange-flavoured liqueur, such as Cointreau
- ½ Lemon juice
- Make the pumpkin syrup by combining Purity pumpkin with brown sugar, caster sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water in a saucepan over low heat. Stir for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool, and strain.
- Combine the juice of half a lime, tequila, and the pumpkin syrup.
- Shake well and serve on the rocks.
- Serve in a glass rimmed with orange sugar
- Take 1 or 2 marshmallows, dip into the pumpkin Margarita liquid and garnished it all around with orange sugar to make it look like a scary pumpkin. Apply on top of the glass. (Optional)