Merry Cran-berry Margaritas
Celebrate a summer African Christmas with a festive frozen drink featuring both fresh cranberries and cranberry juice. (Dried cranberries soaked can also be used). Keep some berries aside for a fresh garnish!
Time- 10 min
Yields- 4 to 6
1 ¼ cups cranberry juice, divided
½ cup sugar, divided
1 ½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
3/4 cup tequila
½ cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
3 cups crushed ice
- Pour ¼ cup cranberry juice into a shallow bowl. Pour 3 tbsp. sugar onto a plate. Dip rims of 4 to 6 wide rim glasses (suitable for margaritas) into juice, then sugar. Set glasses aside.
- Reserve 12 cranberries. In a blender, whirl the remaining cranberries, cranberry juice, and sugar, the lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, and ice until smooth and slushy. If necessary, blend in 2 batches, and then mix together. Divide among glasses and garnish with reserved berries, skewered on toothpicks.
Recipe thanks to: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/merry-cranberry-margaritas
Christmas Coffee Cocktail
120 ml strong coffee, cooled
1 ½ cup Amaretto liqueur
1 ½ cup coffee liqueur
30ml butterscotch schnapps, e.g Bols
30ml fresh whipped cream grated with chocolate, such as Orley whip
Grated chocolate to garnish
- Combine strong coffee and liqueurs in a glass.
- Stir to combine and top with fresh whipped cream.
- Garnish with grated chocolate.
Recipe thanks to Complete recipes: https://completerecipes.com/Christmas-Coffee-Cocoa-Cocktail.html
The best eggnog in the world
Eggnog is a favourite drink is north America and Canada. The combination of raw egg white might sound strange, but we don’t like to nay-say until we’ve tried something! This sweet and light cocktail would definitely be the talk of the day.
Time- 10 min
- 3 cups (700ml) full cream milk
- 1 cup (240ml) full cream
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean pod, split and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2/3 (130g) cup castor sugar
- 3/4 cup (175ml) Captain Morgan Dark Rum, or Jack Daniels
In a saucepan, combine milk, cream, cinnamon, vanilla bean, vanilla seeds, and nutmeg. Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Once boiling, remove from the heat and allow to steep.
In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar until combined and thick ribbons form when the whisk is lifted. Slowly whisk in the milk and continue to mix until the mixture is combined and smooth. Add bourbon or rum, and stir. Refrigerate overnight or for up to 3 days.
Before serving, beat the egg whites in a large bowl or stand mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold into eggnog until combined. Serve and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
This recipes is thanks to Meredith Steele- Jamie Oliver Enterprises: https://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-features/features/best-eggnog-recipe/
The Blackberry Sparkler
When we think of New Year’s eve celebrations, sparkly definitely comes to mind.
With these welcome drinks at your soiree, it is likely to be the talk of the new year! Not only does this cocktail taste delicious but it looks gorgeous too.
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bottle sparkling wine
- In a small saucepan, combine blackberries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil on high heat and then reduce to a simmer and let cook for 12 to 15 minutes. The blackberries will become soft and bright in colour and a pinkish purple syrup will form. Take off the heat and drain the blackberries, keeping the syrup in a separate bowl. Set both aside and allow to cool.
- Once blackberries and simple syrup are cooled, spoon about 4 tablespoons of syrup into the bottom of each champagne flute.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries or the cooked blackberries and a spring of rosemary ~ enjoy!
Recipe and Image credit: Lisa– Mon Cheri Bridals
FESTIVE JELLY shots
These yummy festive jelly shot are incredibly easy and super inexpensive to make for your Christmas party. It only takes two boxes of jelly, some whipped toppings and some Christmas sprinkles to add soma extra fun this Christmas.
These shots are friendly for the whole family, if you’d like to add some alcohol for more festivities, you can substitute 1 cup of the cold water with vanilla vodka.
Yields – 20 shot glasses
1 box Strawberry Jelly
1 box Green Jelly
1 Clover Whipped Cream
2 cups boiling water
2 cups cold water
Christmas sprinkles decorations
- Make the jelly as per the instructions on the box, then pour the mixture into your shot glasses and allow to set completely.
- Do the same for the green jelly, and top off your shot glasses to almost full.
- Place in refrigerator until set.
- Top each portion with whipped topping and garnish with Christmas sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe credit: Jen- Cincyshopper.com
This fun and fruity Grinch could save Christmas! While the Grinch was a childrens book, this drink is definitely for adults only.
Prep time- 5 min
- 1/2 cup Peach Schnapps
- 1/2 cups Bacardi
- 2 cups orange juice
- ½ cup Sprite or lemonade
- ½ cup Blue Curacao liquor
- Cherries and orange slices, for garnish (optional)
- You can make this in individual glasses (4) or make a pitcher. Add all the ingredients together, stir, and add garnish.
- If desired, add more lemonade if the drink is too strong.
Recipe Credit: Aimee – Shugary Sweets