It’s Halloween time again and while not traditionally celebrated in South Africa, the recipes we found were too good not to share! If purple is the colour of the supernatural, then this cocktail is positively creepy! The Witch’s Heart.
- Prep- 20 min
- Cook- 2 hrs
- Yield- 1
- 1 shot (30ml) apple sours, such as Sour Monkey
- 1 tsp grenadine syrup
- 2 shots (60ml) Potency energy shooter (for the purple colour)
- Serve in martini glass
- Dry ice (optional)
- Add about 1 tsp of powdered dry ice to the bottom of the glass (optional).
- Place the apple sour and Potency in a shaker. Add 1 ice block and shake for a few seconds to chill the drink. Strain the drink into a martini glass. Top up with more Potency if necessary.
- Pour 1 tsp of grenadine syrup, about an inch from the surface of the drink – the grenadine should sink to the bottom, creating a “bleeding” effect.
- Add about 1/2 tsp of powdered dry ice on top and serve with a stirrer, so that your guests can stir the “potion” to create that shimmery, smoky effect.