Even though Halloween is not traditionally celebrated in South Africa, you thought you’d throw a great party for all your friends.
Let’s run down the checklist: Spooky haunted house decorations, check. Scary costume, check. Candy, candy and more candy, check. Killer signature cocktail? Um…
Get ready to check off that final box with a spiced cocktail you can serve this Halloween!
- Prep- 20 min
- Cook- 2 hrs
- Yields- 1
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Tennis biscuits, finely crushed
- 60 ml Vanilla Vodka
- 30ml Amarula
- 2 tbl Cream or Orley Whip
- Bring sugar and ½ cup water to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and drop in a cinnamon stick. Set aside, and let cool. (Once cool, discard the cinnamon stick)
- Combine the ground cinnamon and finely crushed biscuits in a bowl. Dampen the rim of a martini glass with water, and dip it into the finely crushed cracker mixture.
- In a shaker with ice, mix the vanilla vodka, amarula, cream and the cinnamon simple syrup. Shake and strain it into the rimmed glass and enjoy!
– By People great Ideas