If you are a wine lover, then this wine is something of a must! 🍷
This is everything you need to know about Orange wine:
- It’s the best parts of red and white wine combined.
- Oranges aren’t used in the production whatsoever, nor do orange wines taste particularly citrusy.
- This wine tastes best when it has a few ice-blocks, too taste refreshingly cool
- Because orange wine has such a strong flavour, it works well with hot foods like, Indian and Moroccan.
- The name is derived entirely from that fact that the colour is orange. (Which makes sense)
- When you’re making white wine, you typically remove the skin from the grapes before fermenting; with red wine, you leave the skin on. Orange wine mixes up this process by using white grapes but leaving on the skins.
- Orange wine is also commonly referred to as ‘amber’ or ‘romato’ which means auburn in Italian. But don’t be fooled – they’re all the same thing.
- Orange wine has been around for almost 6000 years. But they are definitely making a comeback!