Who says Halloween is only for our friends across the pond in America? We think any excuse is perfect to gather with friends and have a great time. Consider this your official invitation to have some tasty Jelly shot drinks this Halloween.
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Serves: 18-24
- 3 packets of gelatine, divided
- 2 cups water, divided
- ½ can condensed milk
- 1 cup vanilla vodka, divided
- 80g of Moir’s orange jelly
- 2-3 drops yellow food colouring
- In a small saucepan, add 1 cup water and 2 of the gelatine packets.
- Whisk over low heat for 2-3 minutes until completely dissolved. Remove from heat and add the sweetened condensed milk. Stir well to incorporate. Add ⅔ cup of vanilla vodka and stir again.
- Pour half of the gelatin mixture into a microwave-safe bowl, cover and refrigerate for later use in Step 8.
- Pour the remaining mixture into the bottom of the shot glasses, filling the bottom ⅓ of each glass. Place on a large oven tray (uncovered) and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the gelatine has “set.”
- Once the gelatine has “set” in the shot glasses, add the remaining gelatine packet and 1 cup water to a small saucepan. Whisk over low heat for 2-3 minutes until the gelatine is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add the orange jelly powder and whisk to combine. Add the remaining vodka (1/3 cup) and stir well.
- Remove the shot glasses from the refrigerator. Pour a layer of the orange gelatine mixture on top of the white layer, filling each glass ⅔. Return to refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- Once the orange layer is set, remove the covered white gelatine from the refrigerator (from Step 3). It will be set like jelly, so you will need to microwave and stir it in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Add 2-3 drops of yellow food colouring and stir well to distribute the colour. Pour the yellow mixture on top of the orange layers, filling up to the top of each glass. Chill for 30 minutes.