- 1 Cup butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Amarula
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a mixer. Add the eggs, Amarula and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder, mix on low until everything is incorporated.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Scoop out a golf ball size dough and roll it into a ball. Roll it around in some chocolate chips and place on a baking sheet.
- Place 9 cookies on a sheet since they will spread due to their size
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until just slightly golden around the edges. Remove from oven and let rest on the baking sheet. (Note: They might look a little under baked in the middle, but don’t fear! They will continue to bake a bit once removed from the oven.)