Combatting those Winter chills with a glass after glass after glass of delicious red?! A seasonal Sangria is a great way to mix it up and is perfect for a Winter Party (dinner party, student party, or braai!) or Winter picnic in the sun for those beautiful sunny (but chilly) days. It also pairs well with every Winter dish, plus it looks beautiful in a jug and uses some fresh ingredients. Perfect for a crowd. You can add your choice of citrus fruits from blood oranges to sweet oranges or ruby grapefruits to jackson Grapfruits, get adventurous with your sangrias!
- 2 Bottles Red Wine
- 1 Cup Brandy
- 1/2 cup Sugar/Honey
- 2 Oranges (Choose blood orange, or regular)
- 1 Grapefruit (optional)
- 1 Apple (for something sweet enjoy a pink lady or fuji apple, or something fresher try a green granny smith)
- 1 Soda Water (Or Ginger Ale)
- 1 Cup fresh Orange Juice
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Stir the brandy, sugar and fruits together in large jug or bowl. Let it stand for about 15 minutes.
- Add Wine, Soda and Orange Juice and serve over ice.*Find a huge variety of different grapefruits, oranges and apples at Food Lovers Market! Experiment with some interesting varieties and flavours. EG: A Jackson Grapefruit is sweet and not so bitter, and it looks like a lemon