We paired this amazing Toasted Brioche, chevin, crunchy apple & walnut canapès with Durbanville Hills Cape Garden Chenin Blanc. The perfect pairing to start the night off.
- 1 Brioche Loaf
- 2 logs chevin
- 15ml Olive oil
- 1 Granny Smith Apples (Diced)
- 100g Walnuts, finely chopped
- Slice 1/2 the loaf thickly into 8 slices and use a round cutter to cut bite-sized circles out of the bread.
- butter on both side and toast in a pan until golden. Set aside
- Slice the remaining brioche into cubes and blitz in a food processor until it forms crumbs.
- Cut the goats cheese logs into 4 pieces each. Cover the cheese in the breadcrumbs and walnuts.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the cheese until golden brown, but not too soft. Serve the goats cheese on a piece of toasted brioche and top with the diced apple before serving.