We’ve all been there… opened up the booze cabinet and found some old stash… and we ask ourselves ‘how long has this been open?’. Immediately followed by ‘why didn’t we finish the bottle…?“ We found an article we think will be helpful to you and a good guideline for when next you ask yourself that question.
This is your rule of thumb:
- Wine should be drunk within three to five days
- Sparkling wine has one to two days once open
- Beer should be drunk immediately
- Spirits, if closed properly and kept in cool place can go up to a year
- Liqueurs can also last for up to a year once opened but not if they contain cream or milk.
Personally we think you should make an effort and finish the bottle 🙂 And then visit your closest Market Liquors to stock up!