- 45 ml El Jimador Blanco tequila
- 15 ml Odd society creme de cassis
- 30 ml pressed lime juice
- 10 ml Black sesame orgeat*
- 1 Egg white
- 1/2 tsp Activated charcoal
- Garnish: Dehydrated beetroot sugar
- Combine all the ingredients into a mixing tin, and dry shake to emulsify egg white.
- Add ice and shake again for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Fine-strain into small rocks glass but with no ice.
- Garnish with dehydrated beetroot sugar.
- *Black sesame orgeat syrup: Lightly toast 2 cups of black sesame seeds in a pan. Let cool, then blend in a blender or food processor. In a separate saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1 1/4 cups water to a light simmer. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the blended sesame seeds to the saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then remove from heat and cool for 3 hours. Once the mixture has cooled, strain through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth until silky. Add 1 tsp orange blossom water and 1 oz vodka. Bottle and refrigerate. Can be stored for up to 3 months.
- **Dehydrated beet sugar: Juice 4 large beets, take the pulp (or byproduct), and ring out excess juice using a kitchen towel or cheese cloth. Spread the pulp onto a tray, and place the tray in a dehydrator or oven at 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Once the pulp is completely dry, add it to a spice grinder or blender with 1/2 cup white sugar, then blitz into a fine powder. Makes 1 cup.
Image and Recipe from Liquor.com